- If you’re not already on LinkedIn, you definitely need to be. Linkedin is a business social network that allows you to connect to people you know. Fully take advantage of the free profile by entering all your professional information and enhance that with your interests and experience..
- Conduct a search for companies in LinkedIn you think you might like to work for by using the advanced search parameters, then look for contacts you have within that company.
- Review jobs posted on LinkedIn regularly.
- Send a message to your inner circle asking for help in finding a new or better job; ask for recommendations and introductions to valuable contacts.
- Buy your domain! You should own www.yourname.com
- Once you own your domain use it to host your resume and/or to begin blogging about your professional interests.
- Create a Google profile to help manage what people find when they search for you using Google.
- Use Twitter and LinkedIn to post status updates relevant to your industry.
- Make sure your professional headline in LinkedIn isn’t merely your title and that your Twitter bio reflects your industry smarts and career aspirations.
- Look for opportunities to network in real life while you’re networking online. Cement key relationships by meeting in person.