No, I do not typically use the word “shizzle” but I just found out that I have a ticket to see Snoop Dogg on Monday and suddenly it is exactly the right word to use.
It is brought to my attention now and again that some people still do not get that having a social strategy in place is important; that those engaged in marketing, communications or public relations on behalf of an agency or a business don’t see that there’s potential for a social component in nearly every kind of business that exists.
Keep your mind on your money and your money on your mind with these 10 reasons to get your social media on:
- Get over the snazziness of social media; it’s about building relationships. Social platforms just make it easier and there’s really no reason not to take advantage of that. If you don’t you’re missing the boat.
- Do you want to the last one to the party? That answer (unless it’s an actual party) is always no.
- Without a strategy, you’re probably wasting lots of time. Get a plan in place with measurable goals so you’ll know if you’re being successful.
- Your customers expect you to know what you’re doing with your business. Show them you do.
- Accessibility is the new normal in customer service and demand. If customers can’t find you where they already are (i.e., Facebook) they’ll move on to someone who is there.
- If you’re not there, you can’t be easily found. Everyone uses search to find new providers; if you’re on multiple platforms and using social media well, potential customers will find you.
- The generation of people in their twenties and thirties don’t want to do business with a company that doesn’t have a strong online presence; the generation older doesn’t want to do business with a brand that has a bad reputation. Make sure you’re managing both.
- It’s the least expensive way to attract the right people to your brand.
- It’s the fastest, most effective way to get your message shared.
- You’re probably already doing most of the work or producing content needed; you’re halfway there — reap the benefits of taking it all the way.
I’m nor sure I should admit that I know you now, Marijean, but good job with this. Well played. And we expect video of you dancing at the concert!