- Invest in targeted Facebook ads for a defined period of time (consider it a test — if it works, great!)
- Use a third party app to host a contest or promotion. Be aware that there are very specific rules and regulations concerning contests or promotions on Facebook. Follow them. Facebook Promotions: What you need to know is an excellent post on this topic.
- Share your blog posts on the page, then share the page on your profile so you reach your audience of fans as well as friends.
- Provide value for your fans at least 3x a week. View insights to see what updates have impact.
- “Like” a bunch of other pages.
- Tag others in your updates on the page.
- Host a blog festival and invite people to share their domains on your page.
You might also like 5 Actions to Take on Your Facebook Business Page Right Now.
What innovative ideas have you used to gain more “likes” on your Facebook page?
Great tips (as always), Marijean! Another effective way I’ve found to grow my Facebook page is to partner with other bloggers to give reciprocal “shout-outs”. I’ve joined together with several other bloggers within my niche whom I really respect, and each day we swap Facebook “shout-outs” with another in the group. So I might say something like, “Hop over and like X Facebook page to keep up with the latest updates on X”. Then the other blogger does the same for me on their Facebook page. It’s like swapping free advertising to a targeted audience. I’ve more than doubled my Facebook page “likes” in less than a week. Plus, it’s been fun to help grow my blogger friends’ Facebook pages as well.
Great tip, Dana! Thank you so much.