Your business may have already taken up blogging efforts, but they’ve flagged, as many do, and you need a shot in the keister to get your online presence revived.
As a reminder, small businesses that blog get 55% more traffic to their websites than businesses that do not blog.
No, silly — don’t just take my word for it — read the study for yourself.
I’m here to help, so here are five ways to get back to blogging and down to business:
- Feature your fans! The Charlottesville Albemarle Airport has begun a spotlight series featuring different members of the CHO family. See the spotlight on airport photographer Jack Looney!
- Invite a vendor or business partner to contribute a guest blog post. I was fortunate to have a great piece by Chester Hull of ProSound recently and my co-conspirator (we’re writing a book together) Ken Mueller is a regular guest on the Change the Conversation blog.
- Use video — seriously — videos that are a couple of minutes long, homespun (read: not professionally produced) and tell the story of your business are a fantastic way to connect with your audience.
- Read, read, read. Read other blogs — outside your industry. Read a newspaper (online or in print! I don’t judge!). Read a magazine. Read a book. Read with an eye for inspiration and you will find it.
- Brainstorm a bunch of lists. How many can you develop in an hour? 6 Ways to Bake a Potato! 3 Rules for Getting a Great Haircut! 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Dentist! You can do it.
Now, get to blogging and down to business.
Great stuff. I love ideas that get the creative juices flowing. And…there’s more than one way to bake a potato? The only way I know is to hook it up to jumper cables and my car battery…
Videos are such wonderful blog fodder, aren’t they? They make for great content that drives traffic to your site, but also helps keep your brand relevant if you’re struggling with what to write about. Sometimes, when I’m at a complete loss for words, a video with a bit of introductory text does the trick to keep the company name out there.